Friday, October 03, 2003

Looks like ol' Rush got himself in a pickle. Perhaps a song to lighten the mood of his followers is in order:


My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies

I grew up a-dreaming of being a junkie
And loving the junkie ways
Pursuing the life of my pill-popping heroes
I burned up my youthful days
I learned all the rules of a modern-day sleazeball
Just a-hold on to Clinton's big schlong
Just take what you need from the right wing
Then leave them with a sad junkie song

My heroes have always been junkies
And they still are it seems
Sadly in search of and one step in back of
Themselves and their pill-popping dreams

Junkies are special with their own brand of mis'ry
From bein' strung out too long.
You could die from the cold in the arms of a nightmare
Knowing well that your best days are gone.
Pickin' on lib'ralss instead of moguls
I let the words of my youth fade away, just
Old worn out butt sores and old worn out cliches
With no one and no place to stay

(Refrain)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home