Thursday, October 16, 2003

Piggies at the trough

Kevin Drum has been posting some on what he sees as the overarching goal of the GOP ... to remake the national political landscape in the image of the Texas political landscape. In doing so, he points out that the Texas GOP is quite radical.

He notes that the Texas GOP wants to do away with welfare, the EPA and a whole host of other government programs. Except for NASA, which everyone knows has a big presence in Houston.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for NASA. I'm secretly hoping that China's recent success spurs a race for humans on Mars. But I'm a liberal, so the government largesse required for such a venture doesn't cause me philosphical concern. Just how do Texas Republicans handle the cognitive dissonance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home