Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hey, today is a REAL red-letter day.

I trekked out to the mailbox just now and got TWO terrific pieces of mail.

One came to me courtesy "Cheney-Bush '04." Included was a lovely photo of W and the Mrs. at the Ranch, automagically autographed, with the following inscription:

To: M_____ G. H_________ Jr., Thank you for your early commitment and dedication as a Charter Member of the campaign in Texas. Grassroots leaders like you are the key to building a winning team. Best Wishes (signed) Laura Bush GwBe (sic).

Ain't that special? All I gotta do to be an o-fficial Charter Member is send in some money.

Like that's gonna happen.

Someone must be playing a practical joke. I know Bush has scads of cash, but certainly not enough to just send out blind (if not "personalized") appeals. Somehow, somewhere, I'm on a GOP mailing list. Fine by me -- they can waste all the money they want.

Oh, the other piece of mail? An envelope with a market survey on guitar strings and other musical equipment, plus a crisp, green dollar bill for my time. Now THAT I can use. Heck, I'll even send the survey back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home